The Peak to Peak is a stunningly scenic one-day multisport challenge held in Queenstown, New Zealand, that challenges competitors to test both their physical and mental strength. The event is New Zealand’s longest running winter multisport race incorporating an exciting line up of five race stages. The route starts high on the Remarkable Mountain Range and finishes at Coronet Peak Base building, taking in central Queenstown along the way. Views are sensational throughout the iconic course.
Racing as an individual, tandem, or relay team, competitors face five amazing stages that begin and end in Queenstown’s two premiere ski resorts (The Remarkables and Coronet Peak):
* Stage one starts at the Remarkables Mountain Range with a set ski or snowboard course down to the end of the Homeward Bound ski run.
* Stage two is a huge bike descent from Homeward Bound, across the Kawarau River and on to Frankton Beach.
* Stage three is a kayak leg that takes competitors from Frankton Beach into Queenstown Bay and ultimately to Queenstown Beach.
* Stage four is a run through central Queenstown, across the Shotover River and on to Arthurs Point.
* Stage five is a the big test for all competitors, a scintillating and challenging climb by bike from Arthurs Point to Coronet Peak.