WAIVER & RELEASE
It is a pre-requisite of entry at Peak To Peak that all competitors must agree to the teams set out below and sign the document at Race Registration. This Waiver & Release document should be read in conjunction the Peak to Peak Consent Statement.
1. I understand that competing in peak to peak involves using public areas and roads used by other people and traffic and I am aware of the hazards involved. The hazards include but are not limited to: vehicle traffic, actions of competitors, spectators, race personnel, weather conditions and my physical and mental state of health. In my judgment I have sufficient competence and experience to participate safely in peak to peak.
2. I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained for participation in peak to peak and I have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.
3. I (and my support crew) will follow the course set out for the race, abide by the road and race rules and follow the instructions given to me by race officials, at all times. Failure to comply in any way with these matters may lead to me being removed from peak to peak and disqualified (at any time).
4. I will wear the Race Bib and timing chip/transponder as directed by Event officials. I must return the race bib and transponder after the event otherwise I will be charged $30 and $50 for non-return, respectively.
5. Should peak to peak be cancelled or stopped for any reason, or personal circumstances arise that prevent me from participating in (or completing the Event), I accept that my entry fee is non-refundable. EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE EXIST IN THE INSTANCE OF A COVID-19 ENFORCED CANCELLATION. For more information see the cancellation & refund policy.
6. In consideration of the acceptance of my entry, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns as follows:
7. I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft and all other foreseeable risks, claims or actions of any kind (including negligence) whatever and however occurring which may arise, at any time, from or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in peak to peak the following persons or entities: The race organisers, race officials and personnel, land managers and/or owners, event sponsors, volunteers, National Parks, local council and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents and volunteers.
8. I HEREBY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the persons or entities mentioned above from any and all liabilities, claims or actions (including negligence) whatever and however caused which may arise, at any time, as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in peak to peak and vis-à-vis any third party, as far as this third party suffered any damage or injury during the race due to my participation in the Event.
9. I acknowledge that the Race Organisers reserve the right to alter the advertised course or start time (at their absolute discretion).
10. I consent to receive any medical treatment that may be deemed necessary in the race of injury, accident or illness during peak to peak, and I allow that information to be passed on to the race organisers or third parties (as deemed necessary by the race organisers).
11. I authorize the use of my name, voice and picture and any information provided by me on this entry form to be used without payment in any broadcast, telecast, communication, promotion, or advertising, and I also agree that the information I have provided may be used by 100%PURE RACING, peak to peak owners and race organisers for the purpose of promoting future or other events or for the promotion of the race charity(ies), race sponsors products and services. I know that I won’t have the right to approve any of the material and I do not expect to gain financially from my appearance in any race-related material.
12. I acknowledge that the Race Organisers have the absolute discretion in the award of any prizes, prize money or third party prize or award and I will abide fully and without dispute with all such decisions of the race organisers.
13. I have read the and understood the information provided on the website, will attend the registration & safety briefing, understand the conditions detailed in this form and on the Entry Info page and I agree to adhere to these rules and conditions at all times.
14. I have read and voluntarily sign this Waiver, Release and Liability Discharge Form and explicitly agree to its content.